In a project I'm working on with a few other people, I got the task of writing an assembler. The last thing I do is convert the commands into a binary representation, and jam it into a file. Now one of my teammates said he'd like to be able to "reference" the code within another program. He said he'd be able to do this if the file I output is a Linux object file. I'm thinking it'd also work as an executable. Anyway, he said he'd like to be able to grab the file and reference the binary by address. I'm still fuzzy on this, and if you're confused with what I said here, please tell me so I can ask him for better details.Anyway, I'm aware that gcc can compile files to ".o", but that's only for C/C++, and my file is just binary. I'm also aware of "ld", but I haven't seen any use of it to help me. I'm happy to hear suggestions as to what I can do. If anything, I think I'll implement a few functions to grab the bits and hand them to him in an array or something.
i'm trying to convert a html file into a text file when i simply run "html2text <filename>" the output displayed is the way we want but when i redirect the same using "-o" or ">>" the file is having extra characters in it. i even tried -ascii,but no much use.
Recently I tried to convert a .flv file to an mpeg file using ffmpeg. Although I changed directory to the directory in which the.flv file resided FFMPEG said the file did not exist. However when I gave the "ls" command the file was present. Where is my mistake?
I need a shell script that will add the users name and date to a file when the user has modified the file, these files are within a group and only accessible to this group. But we need a way for people in the group to know who and when the file was last modified.
I am having problems with scp during a backup operationI added a ps -ef before and after the scp operation used during the backup.The backup is a script to backup a Zimbra ServerI am including the code segment that I am having problems
Code: # DRCP Section. To scp newly created archives to a remote system if [ "$DRCP" = "yes" ]
I've had Ubuntu 11.04 installed on my desktop since it's release. Up until an hour ago, it was working fine. I clicked on an update from the update manager, now booting into a graphical mode is completely broken, (the start-up load hangs at 'Check Battery State ... [0k]'). I restarted my computer, and booted into safe mode, and launched the terminal. This all works fine. I then typed :
Code: sudo gdm start into the command prompt, hoping that I would be able to start things manually. Instead, it spat out this: Code:
gdm-binary: WARNING: Unable to load file '/etc/gdm/custom.conf'. No such file or directory. gdm-binary: WARNING: Unable to find users : no seat-id found. gdm-binary: WARNING: Gdm Display: display lasted 0.070467 seconds
The last line was printed about 8 times, with slightly different times, before it gave up and failed. Some information which might help, I have Gnome 2, Unity and KDE (not sure which version), installed. My graphics card is the GTX 275, and I have driver the Nvidia driver 275.21. So yeah, I think the update has gone and moved custom.conf somewhere, but I have no idea on how to fix it. I have a graphics programming assignment due on Friday and I would be eternally grateful if I could get this fixed well before then.
I had a problem with the old good ascii/binary FTP transfer modes. I transferred some files (SQL scripting files, in which carriage returns DO matter) using FTP from a windows system to a linux system using filezilla "auto" mode, that should have resulted in ASCII mode for my sql files. These files are well formed and identical to the originals.
Then, someone else picked these files and moved them to another ftp server. I finally found that all <CR><LF> couples have been transformed in <CR><CR><LF>. I guessed that the problem was in the ASCII transfer mode - but, how comes that <CR><LF> => <CR><CR><LF>? I would have rather expected <CR><LF> to become <CR>.
I've got a rather large CSV file (~700MB) which I know to consist of lines of 27-character alpha-numeric hashes; no commas or anything fancy. Somehow, during its migration from Windows to Linux (via winSCP and then a few regular SCPs), it has converted into some kind of binary format I am unfamiliar with.If I open the file in vi, everything appears fine, and it says [converted] at the bottom, although I know it's not a line endings issue (and dos2unix doesn't help). If I 'head' the file, it looks proper except for a " at the beginning of the first line. If I open up the file in nano, however, I see the at the start and then "^@" before every character (even newlines and EoF).
If I try to re-save or copy the file (say via: head file.csv > short.txt), this special encoding is preserved. I copied the first ten lines out of vi (which displays it properly) into my Windows clipboard via my SSH client, then pasted it into a new text file, test.txt. This file is visually identical when opened in vi (and similar through 'head', minus the ), although it's roughly half of the filesize. I have no idea what format this once-text file got converted to (it's notoriously hard to search the internet for symbols), but surely there must be some way to convert it back.
I manually rotated my catalina.out file, and now the file jumps to 30+Mb and when I try to view it, less tells me it might be a binary file. It sure appears to have binary data in it, about 30meg of it.
I did the rotate via a copy: copy catalina.out to another file cat /dev/null > catalina.out
I have tried using echo: echo "" > catalina.out ...also with the same result.
This application isn't something I can just bounce when necessary. It kind of appears that the original file is still there - sort of. But is it not readable text anymore.
SunOS 5.10 tomcat 5.5.26 (version required by app vendor)